Welcome to Celebrating Healthy Communities
We are a local prevention coalition that has been coming together for youth and families of La Plata County for 23 years. (You might know us by 'Lasso Tobacco Coalition'). Our partner organizations and individual members embrace the strengths and beauty of our communities and work collectively to shape a shared future.
We meet our mission by:
1. Training youth, adults and staff of youth-serving organizations in the Developmental Assets. The 40 Developmental Assets are an evidence-based framework that defines the relationships, opportunities, values and positive self-perceptions that youth need to become thriving, contributing adults. (www.search institute.org)
3. Collaborating to leverage resources and effectively serve our communities. Anyone interested in growing themselves and improving our community is welcome to our collaborative meetings on the 3rd Tuesday of every month.
- Tuesday, July 19th at Eagle Park in Bayfield - CHC turns 24! Anniversary Potluck Picnic 11:30-1pm
- Tuesday, August 16th at 175 Mercado St. (Three Springs Sales Office upstairs conference room) - Master Minds Circle 11:30-1 pm: Topic TBD
4. Using local data to guide our focus and measure our progress. We have seen the following results through collaborative efforts among organizations, governments, schools and individuals:
We also periodically conduct the Search Institute's Developmental Asset data to measure the protective factors among our youth.
Mission: A sustainable coalition that engages, collaborates and educates to promote addiction-free lifestyles by building assets for all.
Vision: We are resilient, connect neighbors who support healthy, creative pursuits for people of all ages.